FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is JESUS Film Harvest Partners (JFHP)?
- JESUS Film Harvest Partners (JFHP) is a Kingdom-building ministry devoted to world evangelism through the JESUS film and other tools. JFHP equips and supports JESUS Film teams of local people to do evangelism, discipleship, and church planting.
- The mission is to forge strategic partnerships that increase evangelistic exposures and bring new believers into discipleship. The vision is to give every person an opportunity to hear about Jesus Christ.
Who does JFHP work with?
- JFHP partners with other like-minded, Kingdom ministries to provide evangelistic tools (i.e. the JESUS film, EvangeCubes, evangelism soccer balls), discipleship tools (i.e. Bible Story Cloths, audio Bibles), and training to JESUS Film teams.
- JFHP also partners with individuals (Harvest Partners) who invest in the ministry through their time, influence, money, and expertise.
Is JFHP a part of Campus Crusade for Christ (Cru)?
- No. Since the inception of JFHP in 1997, Campus Crusade for Christ (Cru) has been one of our major partners, providing teams with the JESUS film. The film, based on the gospel of Luke, has been translated into over 2,000 languages! As a separate ministry, JFHP’s JESUS Film teams show the film in more than 139 countries around the world.
What is JFHP’s relationship with the Church Of the Nazarene?
- The ministry of Harvest Partners, Inc. (D.B.A. JESUS Film Harvest Partners) is a Type I supporting organization under the auspice of the Global Missions Department of the General Board of the Church of the Nazarene.
- A key feature of a supporting organization is a strong relationship with the organization it supports. JFHP could not do what it does so efficiently if Global Missions’ World Evangelism Fund did not support the infrastructure on the field that JFHP utilizes. JFHP’s evangelistic results are directly related to the use of the field infrastructure in place.
How can I (or my church) get involved?
- Pray for the ministry.
- Give to reach more people with the Good News.
- JFHP accepts donations via credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover), electronic funds transfers, checks, and non-cash assets.
- Go on a JESUS Film Ministry Trip.
- Become a Harvest 120 Sponsor.
- Share with others about the ministry.
- Volunteer at the JFHP office in Olathe, KS, or remotely.
- Churches and districts can invite a JFHP representative to speak at district and local meetings.
How can I watch/purchase the JESUS film?
- The JESUS film can be viewed in any of the 1,900+ available languages through the Jesus Film Project app. This app is available for iOS and Android.
- The film can be viewed and downloaded on the Jesus Film Project’s website.
- DVD copies of the film can be purchased at the Cru store or by calling 1-800-827-2788.
How are JESUS Film teams formed?
- Missionaries and national church leadership select and train local people to become JESUS Film team members.
What is an evangelistic contact?
- Evangelistic contacts refer to a person to whom the story of God's love through the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ was presented.
- Individuals may hear the gospel presented multiple times through attending several JESUS film showings and/or through the use of other ministry tools before choosing to follow Christ. Individuals in attendance at each JESUS film showing are counted and recorded as evangelistic contacts.
What is a Preaching Point?
- A Preaching Point is a gathering of persons (officially or unofficially), in a given locale, who meet consistently for worship and study of God's Word.
What do teams do after they show the film?
- After each showing of the JESUS film, teams request new believers to complete cards indicating they made a decision for Christ. Teams then follow up by inviting them to begin initial discipleship. This often results in the community of believers planting a Preaching Point.
What is my return on investment?
- Based on JFHP’s ministry averages since 1997, every three dollars invested enables one person to make a decision for Christ. More than 17 million people have made decisions for Christ through JFHP. Each of these precious people has a name and a story!
- Along with the ministry’s biannual newsletters, investors receive quarterly reports detailing the results of field ministry.
Where does my gift go?
- Gifts are processed and audited through the Global Treasury Services office and distributed through Global Missions’ delivery systems. These funds are used for team training, transportation, equipment repair, invitations, evangelistic tracts, discipleship training, literature production and distribution, leadership development, and pastoral education.
How much of each donation goes to JESUS Film teams?
- Managing your gifts with integrity is very important to JFHP. As an ECFA member, our accounting systems are audited yearly to verify Harvest Partners’ funds are being used as promised.
- Ninety-one cents out of every dollar donated to JFHP supports the ministry. The remaining nine cents provide administrative and development support. Click here to learn more about JFHP’s financial accountability.
How do JESUS Film teams receive funding?
- JFHP utilizes the Global Missions infrastructure of the Church of the Nazarene Incorporated to supply JESUS Film teams with monthly-allocated ministry support. JESUS Film teams submit a monthly report of their activity according to protocols in order to receive these allocations.
- Every JESUS Film team must submit a plan as to where and how they will spread the gospel of Jesus Christ, disciple those who respond, plant churches, and develop leaders for those churches each year. JESUS Film team members go to great extremes so those around them might know Jesus – oftentimes at great personal risk.
How is JFHP classified?
- JESUS Film Harvest Partners (Harvest Partners, Inc.) is a Missouri/Kansas Non-Profit Public Benefit Organization. The Corporation operates exclusively for charitable purposes so as to qualify under the provision of Sections 501(c)(3) and 509(a)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.