Promise Keeper - November 2021
according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
God is faithful to His promises!
- For His grace and provision seeing us through the second year of a global pandemic.
- For you, dear Harvest Partners, and your faithful prayers and financial support. Even during this challenging year, over 495,700 people have come to know Christ as their Lord and Savior!
November 1 - 7
- Thirty-three teams serve in Benin. Praise God for the powerful opportunities they've recently received to show Christ's compassion and love.
- Pray that political freedom in Benin will last and that Christians' testimonies will touch many hearts and lives.
- Pray for the people of Benin to be released from the stronghold and fear of voodoo and witchcraft.
"I was a member of a brotherhood of influential elders from my village. We required animal sacrifices at funerals, so death would leave our village, but death always came. The sacrifices were in vain. We worshipped death, begging for mercy. Despite our pleas, it remained. Today, after watching the film, I understand death is not a deity and salvation is only through Jesus. He is stronger than death! I decided to follow Him." Sokpin, 36-years-old
November 8 - 14
- Praise God for the 21 teams ministering in Paraguay. In the last year, they have planted 208 Preaching Points and helped over 3,100 people make decisions for Christ!
- Pray for Paraguayan children, against abuse in general, and for all Paraguayans to receive the love and comfort found in God as their Father. Pray also for the strengthening of families.
- Pray for the Spirit of Truth to renew the church in Paraguay and break the power of superstition.
"We thank God for the gift of the JESUS film, which showed us how God always takes care of us. Choosing to follow Him is the best decision we have made as a family." –The Hawthorn family
November 15 - 21
- The eight teams serving in Ghana request prayer for the Lord to continue to give them wisdom, protection, and direction as they seek to expand His kingdom.
- Syncretism presents challenges in Ghana. Pray for those who claim to be Christian but who do not have an authentic faith to be transformed by the power of the true gospel.
- Praise God for making Ghana an economic and political model for reform in Africa. Pray for Ghanian leaders to know Christ deeply and be a light to the rest of their country and continent.
Victor's testimony: "I have been carrying a burden of hatred in my heart for many years after my brother stole my land. I swore to never forgive him. However, after watching the film shown by the young men all the way from Suhum, I realized it is very important to forgive those who have sinned against us. I saw Jesus forgive people, even as He died on the cross. Jesus also did not judge the prostitute woman when others were judging her. I want to be able to forgive those who have hurt me, especially my brother."
November 22 - 30
- The two Ugandan teams request prayer as they share the gospel in towns and villages with people of great medical, spiritual, and physical needs. Pray for the 1.17 million unreached Ugandans to come to know and rely on Christ as their daily bread.
- Pray for restoration, peace, and healing throughout the country after years of war and conflict. Also, lift up the 800,000 displaced Ugandans who have been forced to live in camps amid difficult conditions.
Team report: "After watching the JESUS film, one woman said, 'It is good to know that Jesus is a true friend.' Her husband abandoned her and her children. We prayed with her and she accepted Christ in her heart. She asked us to pray for her husband to come home. On Sunday, she came to church and testified that her husband had returned to her and her children. God is still performing miracles!"