God is moving in Africa! - July 2021
and sisters in Christ around the world!
- For continuing to use the 914 JESUS Film teams to help others discover the Good News in 59 countries. An elderly woman in Mozambique recently shared, "I have heard so many stories in my life, but Jesus' story brings life."
July 1 - 7
- Two JESUS Film teams are working in Senegal, where over 13 million people have yet to be reached with the gospel. Pray for the teams as they focus on orality training — equipping believers to boldly share powerful Bible stories with others in their heart language.
- Pray for churches to be planted and thrive among many unreached people groups.
- Praise God for the ways he has resourced teams to provide food and medical supplies to those in need throughout the pandemic.
Team report: "We were invited to show the film in a new village by a brother in Christ. Several villagers opposed the showing and threatened our brother with violence. But despite these threats, many villagers attended, especially children. As a result, we are discipling eight new believers!"
July 8 - 14
- With over 200 unique people groups, Cameroon is one of the most ethnically and linguistically diverse nations in Africa. Pray the two JESUS Film teams serving there connect with many people groups as they share the gospel and leave a lasting eternal impact.
- Teams asked for prayer as they often face opposition when requesting permission from local leaders to show the JESUS film. Pray for doors and hearts to be open to the Good News.
Team report: "We thank God for a safe journey. Many villagers came to help us set up the equipment before the showing. Forty-three people gave their lives to Christ, including several village elders and people addicted to drugs and alcohol. We praise God for these transformations!"
July 15 - 21
- The three teams serving in Burundi request prayer for courage and increased transportation and financial means as they share the gospel in difficult and remote areas.
- Burundi continues to recover from the effects of its 12-year civil war. Pray for its people to find lasting peace and reconciliation through Jesus Christ.
- Hundreds of thousands of Burundian refugees are returning to their home country, including many families and children. Pray for God to protect and provide for these vulnerable people.
Karabaye's testimony: "I was invited by a friend to watch the JESUS film for the first time in my village. I was touched by how Jesus Christ was hanged and crucified on the cross. I cried and asked Jesus to forgive my sins. I now feel peace in my heart."
July 22 - 31
- The 25 teams serving in Mozambique regularly face demonic attacks and resistance from traditional and radical religions. Pray for teams to be strong and courageous in the Lord, and for villages across the country to experience a spiritual revival.
- Years of suffering have led many Mozambicans to seek spiritual answers, and many churches have been planted. Praise God for the 1,700 Preaching Points planted in the last year! Teams also request prayer as they seek to train and empower the leaders of these new churches.
Team report: "A Sunday school class worked alongside our team to plant a church in a neighboring village. Some people were walking over 10 kilometers to come to church, and now they have a church in their village. We thank God for the vision and partnership between the Sunday School and our team."