Ore pela américa do sul - October 2019
For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost.”
Thanks to your prayers and support, the 79 JESUS Film teams ministering in South America are finding the lost and sharing the Good News of Christ through the JESUS film.
God is blessing the ministry of these teams — over 4.6 million people have now watched the JESUS film in South America in the last 22 years. Through JESUS Film Harvest Partners, over 570,000 people have accepted Christ as their Savior and now live for Him in South America!
- For the faithfulness of those who attended the Mt. Vernon, OH World Challenge event last week.
- For the equipment that is now in the hands of teams in Haiti, thanks to faithful Harvest Partners from California.
October 1 - 7
- Chile's geography is extremely diverse — the Chilean teams request your prayer for wisdom in deciding which towns to show the JESUS film.
- Pray for Chileans who accept Christ after watching the JESUS film to grow stronger and deeper in their faith In God.
- Over one million people from Peru, Ecuador, Bolivia, and Venezuela have immigrated to Chile, due to its stable government and economy. Pray for the Chilean teams to reach these people groups for Christ.
New believer in Chile: “I grew up in a Christian home in Venezuela where I regularly attended church. However, in my teen years, I pursued many rebellious things in search of satisfaction. I moved to Chile where I watched the JESUS film and realized I needed God in my life. I accepted Him into my heart. It was a decision I made on my own and not because of my parents’ relationship with God. Now I regularly attend the discipleship classes and Preaching Point begun in my neighborhood."
October 8 - 14
- The work in Uruguay is relatively new. Pray for the 3 Uruguayan teams to have strength and wisdom as they show the JESUS film each month.
- Uruguay is considered the most peaceful country in South America, in politics, economy, and security. Pray for people to also discover the peace of Christ, which transcends all worldly comforts.
“My husband died a few months ago. I didn't want to live without him. I became very despondent, depressed, and began considering suicide. When the Magdalena film was shown in my neighborhood, I realized God loves me and cares for me. I gave my heart and life to Christ and now want to live and share this Good News with others.” —Nelida, 69-years-old
October 15 - 21
- The 19 JESUS Film teams serving in Venezuela request you join them in prayer for the Holy Spirit to touch the hearts of those who see the JESUS film and accept Christ into their hearts.
- Venezuela has faced increasingly violent political and social unrest in recent years. Pray for the teams to be a peaceful light in the darkest places of this country.
- Pray for the teams as they minister and show the JESUS film in the large cities, where many still have not heard the gospel of Christ.
“I thought I was a Christian, but I now realize I was not always a Christ-like example. My daughter accepted Christ into her heart and became a witness to me of how to live my life for Christ! In the JESUS film, I saw the sacrifice Christ made on the cross for me and decided to give my life totally to Him, not just in words, but also in actions. Before, I was obstinate and would easily become upset with people. God has transformed my life!” —Marcelis
October 22 - 31
- Praise God — in the last year alone, teams in Argentina have helped more than 4,000 people make decisions for Christ and planted 261 Preaching Points!
- Pray for God to raise up leaders and people of peace for the 261 Preaching Points that teams have planted in the last year.
- Buenos Aires is one of the world’s largest urban areas. Many live in poverty with no hope of hearing the Good News. Pray the JESUS Film teams will reach these people with the gospel message.
"I am the mother of four children. My husband beat me several times a week, but I did not want to leave him because he provides food and shelter for our family. A friend invited me to watch the JESUS film. When I saw Jesus’ sacrifice for me on the cross, I asked Him to forgive my sins. I want to live for Him the rest of my life. I now pray for my husband to come to Christ so we can worship Him together.” —Jasmine